Rebooted system, cache pool missing.

burrbit

19 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Looks like a connection problem, replace cables, power and SATA.

replaced power and sata, issue remains. Also plugged into new SATA ports on the motherboard.

I guess my options are, adding a SATA card, and replacing the drives? If I am able to pull data off the drives can I just image the data to new SSDs? or will unraid want to wipe new drives?

Edited by burrbit
19 hours ago, JorgeB said:

If it's not cables it's likely the devices, though extremely unlikely for both to fail at the same time.

Agreed, when I am not feeling so lazy I will attempt to remove the SSD's and see if they are detectable/readable in another computer.

Theoretically if the drives are detected whats the likely hood of success of cloning them onto new SSD's and preserving my VM/s docker data?

Alright, so I pulled both SSD's and am using an external connector to try and read the drives. It looks like they most have just died at the same time, maybe they got hit with static when I used my electric duster I am not sure. Here are the symptoms I have thus far. (windows will not read any data from both drives). Both are model SDSSDA-240G via sandisk.

#1 shows up in device manager, but fails to show up under disk management.

#2 shows up in neither.

So far my course of action is to order new SSDs, run a parity check just in case, and attempt to recover data until my new drives arrive. Nothing of real value lost, just have to reconfigure dockers and possibly 1 virtual machine (at this point, I think the Vdisk is saved on a mechanical anyways, if not, still not a major loss)

Thanks for input, Ill post if I need any further help or if anything else develops!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So I went a head and put in a single SSD to act as a cache and a place to store my VM drives.

I am not entirely sure how both SSDs failed at the same time, but hardware wise everything seems to be great and unraid has no issues now.

My question is, to safeguard against another SSD failure, whats the best way to make sure my SSD data is backed up?