Who is "Owner: ???"

6of6

New to unRAID, of course... I setup "base" shares (all show Owner: nobody), but when I access those shares to make new folders and files (from other machines; Windows and Linux), they show, "Owner: ???"... Everything inside unRAID displays this. Windows suggests that "???" is "my unRAID login name". Group remains "users" throughout the process. Everything works fine, but I fear Cheech and Chong (ooops, Chown and Chmod), could be in my future and I don't want that.

Is this normal?

First thing.  Please post in your next post the Diagnostics file.     Tools    >>>    Diagnostics  

You say that using both Windows and Linux computers when you have this problem.  Are these free standing computers or VM's that are running under Unraid?  Are you using using SMB or NFS to access these shares?  Are the shares Public, Secure or Private?

• Thanks 1

My bad (slapping myself)... It was Krusader showing "???". All shares within unRAID are owned by "nobody" and all shares created outside unRAID are owned by the person logged into the share (with write privileges, of course). This seems normal (although, I forced my Linux shares to "me").

To answer the questions: Both Windows and Linux machines are bare metal (Windows 10 / Manjaro Linux); using SMB; and all three types of shares.

Thank you Frank!... I love being a newbie again. :)