replacement disc - no preclear option?

Hi  - haven't been on v6 long (I know - welcome to the party!)

Just replaced a smaller disk with a slightly larger one and know I need to preclear first (yes, the plugin is installed) - but thought I needed to hit the "format" button as shown in the attached - but it's greyed out - what am I missing?

(tried this once before and found out later that the parity synch/data rebuild simply removed the data from my array instead of rebuilding the data on the new disk - good times)

Sorry for the lame question!

Tower-Main1.png

Thanks for the response, Jorge - I didn't have that experience last week when I tried to do the same thing with another disk - but will trust that something just went wrong then. 

(After the data rebuild completed, my new disk was completely empty and I spent the next few days moving the data from the old disk onto the new one)

Is there anyway to tell that the data rebuild is actually rebuilding the data on the new drive instead of clearing it from parity?

Just start the array from here (attached) and all will be fine?Tower-Main2.thumb.png.a6f3b6f6e933a77596ce15675dcb132b.png

Edited by rockytt
8 minutes ago, rockytt said:

(After the data rebuild completed, my new disk was completely empty and I spent the next few days moving the data from the old disk onto the new one)

That can only happen if the disk (or the emulated disk) was formatted by you, at most it could have been unmountable, but Unraid never formats a disk on its own.

9 minutes ago, rockytt said:

Just start the array from here (attached) and all will be fine?

It will rebuild whatever is showing on the emulated disk, that should already show you data, and you can see that after starting the array with that disk unassigned.