SSH Rsync Script - SSHpass

Hopefully I'm asking this question in the right place 

I want to run a script that will run rsync via SSH to backup Unraid shares to another server. I want this to run without the need for manual intervention adding a password etc 

I have done some investigation and I can see using sshpass might be possible - can this be added to my Unraid server ?

Thanks in advanced

You can run the User Scripts plugin to schedule your scripts.

Public key auth would be your solution to allowing it to run with no manual intervention.

LimeTech actually published a guide about the very thing you are trying to do: https://unraid.net/blog/unraid-server-to-server-backups-with-rsync-and-wireguard

It uses WireGuard, but if you have another solution just skip that part and start at the section titled "Setting up Site A and Site B for RSYNC"

SpaceInvaderOne I believe has also done a walk through video on the subject. EDIT: I was wrong or I can't find it.

As for adding SSHPass, you could see if it is listed in

or ask for it to be added to the list of available packages for the plugin. Though IMO Public key auth is the better way to go anyways.

Edited by weirdcrap