Cannot use Unassigned Device for VM Storage?

I want to use an unassigned NVME device for my VMs and for Docker. I have installed the unassigned device plugin and successfully formatted and mounted the device. However when I go to create a VM I still cannot select the unassigned disk. I have also tried to change the domains share to this NVME device but it doesn't show up there either. 

Am I missing something?

SNAG-0055.png

SNAG-0054.png

SNAG-0053.png

SNAG-0052.png

Edited by Tried2Fail
removed extra screenshot

OK made a bit of progress - for VMs I can see if I go to manual, then I can click through and select my NVME mount.

However, I want to make this the default for all new VMs - which I think is what the domain share is for. However I don't  get an option to manually select it like I do in the VM creation wizard. 

SNAG-0057.png

SNAG-0056.png

21 minutes ago, Tried2Fail said:

answered my own question - I needed to go to advanced view of VMs and I can override the default for the domains share (which I assume I can now delete)

You are changing the default location for vdisks and it can be set to any valid path..   User Sharer cannot exist on an Unassigned Device which is why the UD device is not selectable as a share.  Whether you keep or delete the domains share is up to you.