unraid log filling up

hey everybody im wondering if someone can checkout on tower diagnostics my logs keep filling up i need to restart my server to clear the logs every 2 weeks or so ive tried to have a look but cant see anything but i dont really know what im looking for any help would be great!

please find diagnostics and syslogs attached

tower-diagnostics-20210127-1817.zip

Edited by tabac1987
11 hours ago, itimpi said:

I would suggest that you disable mover logging (unless you are actively investigating a mover related problem) as it generates a lot of output.  In addition by its very nature that information cannot be anonymised so you may prefer to not have it appear in your diagnostics :( 

Hey Thank you for the advice I've turned it off so I will monitor and see how it goes 

Wow, a new record for the largest ever docker.img!!!

Why have you given 500G to docker.img? Have you had problems filling it? 20G should be more than enough. Making it larger won't keep you from filling it, it will only make it take longer to fill, and if you are writing things into docker.img you can't easily access that data anyway.

I have 18 dockers and they are using less than half of 20G.

Also your appdata, domains, and system shares are all over the array when they should be completely on cache. Docker and VMs always have these files open, so if they are on the array, your disks will stay spunup, and your dockers and VMs will have performance impacted by slower parity.

And, it looks like you have installed everything from NerdPack. atop is notorious for filling log space. Do you even know what most of those NerdPack packages do? I recommend uninstalling any of those that you don't use regularly.

On 28/01/2021 at 5:45 AM, trurl said:

Wow, a new record for the largest ever docker.img!!!

Why have you given 500G to docker.img? Have you had problems filling it? 20G should be more than enough. Making it larger won't keep you from filling it, it will only make it take longer to fill, and if you are writing things into docker.img you can't easily access that data anyway.

I have 18 dockers and they are using less than half of 20G.

Also your appdata, domains, and system shares are all over the array when they should be completely on cache. Docker and VMs always have these files open, so if they are on the array, your disks will stay spunup, and your dockers and VMs will have performance impacted by slower parity.

And, it looks like you have installed everything from NerdPack. atop is notorious for filling log space. Do you even know what most of those NerdPack packages do? I recommend uninstalling any of those that you don't use regularly.

No worries ill get that cleaned up thanks everyone for the help!

Note that mover (or anything else) can't move open files, so you will have to go to Settings and disable both Docker and VM Manager in order to get appdata, domains, system shares moved to cache.

After moving those shares, to get your docker.img at a more reasonable size (20G), you will have to delete it from the Settings - Docker page, change the size, and then enable Docker to get it recreated. Then you can use the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page to reinstall your dockers exactly as they were.