Please advice on this build.... ready to order.

Beer40oz

Hi everyone this is my fist time post.

I am ready to order my parts and here is my wish list.

Does this look ok? do I need to change anything? would a dual channel kit of ram be better?

Will a CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 psu be better also since I see everyone using it on this forum?

Thank you.   8)

Wish List:

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=19303487

Antec NEO ECO 400C 400W

Patriot Xporter XT Boost 4GB Flash Drive

MSI 760GM-P33 AM3 AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Sempron 140 Sargas 2.7GHz

Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066

Thank you so much sir!  I am a big fan of Asrock and that looks pretty good. I am a noob with this UNRaid software so yes I will also get 2 gigs of ram. Anything else that I am missing?  how about the PSU? CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 or Antec NEO ECO 400C 400W?  At first I am going only to go up to 6 HD's maybe later down the road to 10 HD's  .....    ;D

Thank you so much sir!  I am a big fan of Asrock and that looks pretty good. I am a noob with this UNRaid software so yes I will also get 2 gigs of ram. Anything else that I am missing?  how about the PSU? CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 or Antec NEO ECO 400C 400W?  At first I am going only to go up to 6 HD's maybe later down the road to 10 HD's   .....    ;D

I would go with the NEO ECO 400C.  It should be sufficient for 12 7200 drives.  

As far as the Asrock 880GM-LE, it's not on the hardware compatibility page yet so you will be the first to use it.  However it looks like all the chipsets are supported in unRAID, the sata controller SB710 and the lan chipset are both listed.  When you get it you should do the level 1 test so that it can be added to the hardware compatibility page.  I did that with an Asus board and it wasn't too difficult.  It's a good board and no doubt others will buy it once it's certified.  It might even be a good candidate to replace the Biostar A760G M2+ on the recommended build which is getting scarce to find.

i just emailed Tom Mortensen about that MSI 760GM-P33 motherboard....

i asked him if its compatible with unRAID....

He aswered:

Is it 100% compatible with linux?  Then it is 100% compatible with unRAID.  From the look of the specs, nothing exotic there.

then i asked if i wont have LAN problems nor HPA?

He aswered back:

Atheros drivers are built-in and don’t know about HPA.  I think gigabyte was the only m/b manufacturer who tried to create HPA’s.

Some atheros nics are supported by unRaid, but others have been shown to have problems. The model on this msi board hasn't been tested, so there's no way for tom or any of us to know if it will work or not. Chances are it will, but you should still be prepared for the worst.

Some atheros nics are supported by unRaid, but others have been shown to have problems. The model on this msi board hasn't been tested, so there's no way for tom or any of us to know if it will work or not. Chances are it will, but you should still be prepared for the worst.

If the Atheros nic did have problem the solution would be to disable it in bios and use some pci or pcie lan card.

Archived