We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Migrating Current USB to New System - Init Issues

vaeyl

Folks,

I am migrating an existing, working USB and associated drives to a new system.  The current system and old USB work without issues (oldserver_oldusb_working.dmesg).  As a test, I put a brand new USB that is the same brand/model as the working, old USB with brand new unraid image, created with USB creator, on this new system to sus out any missing module issues.  The new system and new USB worked great, and I got to a working Unraid system (without any of my old config or license, of course). 

I then attempted to put the Old USB in the new system.  The boot looks exactly the same until around pivotroot time; it then diverges.  The full FS is never re-mounted, and none of the networking drivers are loaded (image of the last part of dmesg is attached as newserver_oldusb_fails.jpg - no network, so grabbing the file is tough).  I verified line by line that the boot is the same as newserver_newusb_working.dmesg to this point.  I would love any pointers on how to get to a working system with my existing /config that's on the Old USB, and as nerd, I would love to know what went wrong and how to avoid it in the future.

Vaeyl

newserver_oldusb_fails.jpg

newserver_newusb_working.dmesg oldserver_oldusb_working.dmesg