Accessing unRAID content via SMB connection on iOS VLC

Hi folks, wanted some assistance with being able to access content on my unRAID array from an iPad/iPhone style device using software such as VLC which, via its Network function will enable you to connect to an SMB type protocol connection.

For what it's worth, VLC accurately detects my unRAID server on the network, however doesn't seem to accept any of my credentials and I am coming to the conclusion that I need to configure or provide different permissions/security settings on the SMB connection on unRAID for VLC to be able to access it correctly.

VLC asks for the following information:

Server name: (Should be simply the name of my unRAID server

Port: (Unsure what this needs to be, so at the moment have left it blank but perhaps its 80 or 443?)

username: (I'm using 'root' as the default username of my unRAID server)

password: (I don't have a password so just leaving it empty)

Workgroup: (Sets the default for WORKGROUP so have left it alone at the moment)

The wheel "Spins" without ever connecting so clearly I'm doing something not quite right.

I have looked at the unRAID option to establish an SMB Share but it asks for a Server name, and I would have thought the Server name would be my unRAID array name, but perhaps that option does something entirely different.

This function used to work seamlessly on my old unRAID 4.7 server but there's clearly a bit more sophistication in this version (I'm running 6.8.3) so thought I'd ask to see what I might need to do to get this working.

Best wishes and thanks in advance!

Cheers

Mike