Is an Intel i3 sufficient for Plex transcoding?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, just an update:

I live in Houston, TX due to last week's storm my mobo has not arrived yet. Should be here this week.

However, I do get a reply back from ASRock. They didn't provide the link to their partners ASI or Ma Labs, but I will go buy the OCULINK at Supermicro based on @trurl 's successful build anyway. Just need to test the mobo first before I do any more purchase.

This is Meg from US sales team and thank you for reaching out!

1) Can you direct me what type of OCuLINK I need to purchase?

Ans: C246 WSI is compatible with “OCulink x4 SATA cable” which we do have in stock.

Our US disti partner are ASI and Ma Labs, please help to check which method you prefer to or you prefer directly purchase through us by credit card.

We’ll process accordingly once have your confirmation.

2) If the motherboard is not in BIOS P2.10, and I install the Core i3-9100, is it possible to get into the BIOS screen and do an update? I’m buying the motherboard from Amazon and I do not know what BIOS version yet. I will install with the 9th generation Core i3.

Ans: There’s a sticker on our motherboard which should show the BIOS version. Meanwhile, please try to install your prefer CPU: Core i3-9100 to see if you could turn on.

If not, we’ll provide further assistance.

If there are further needs, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you again for purchasing Asrock Rack’s products.

Sincerely,

Meg Chou