Read-only file system when creating a VM

alex165

Hello everyone,

I am running version 6.9.0 RC2 and I am trying to create a new Windows 10 VM. When I click create, I get a message that says “cannot create file ‘/etc/libvirt/qemu/Windows 10 gaming.xml.new’: Read-only file system

I am following this guide to create the VM: https://forums.serverbuilds.net/t/guide-remote-gaming-on-unraid/4248/8

Any help is appreciated. My log file is attached.

unmini-diagnostics-20210216-2047.zip

Thank you for that, is it just as simple as launching Krusader and copying the libvirt folder from disk3 to cache?

To free up space on disk 3 and spread the load over my newer disks, do i just copy and paste a large folder from disk 3 to a disk that has more space on it?

Thanks

12 hours ago, alex165 said:

Thank you for that, is it just as simple as launching Krusader and copying the libvirt folder from disk3 to cache?

Stop the docker and VM services, click on the system share and set cache to "prefer", run the mover, when done set it back to cache="only", re-start services.

12 hours ago, alex165 said:

o free up space on disk 3 and spread the load over my newer disks, do i just copy and paste a large folder from disk 3 to a disk that has more space on it?

You can do that, but make sure you move data from disk to disk, not disk to share, e.g. move from /mnt/disk3 to /mnt/disk4