(SOLVED) Device is disabled, contents emulated

Spewu

Hi there

This is the first time I have seen this issue. One of my data disks shows an error saying "device is disabled, contents emulated". I have tried searching the forums, but it looks like I will need some help looking at the diagnostics, to determine if the drive has completely failed or not. I have attached the diagnostics here, so I hope someone can have a look. (I have no idea where to look myself to be honest)

Thanks a lot!

tower-diagnostics-20210223-1633.zip

Edited by Spewu
21 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Disk dropped offline, so most likely a power/connection issue, but because of that there's no SMART report, so check connections and post new diags.

Thanks a lot - it seems you were right. I powered down the server, opened it up and checked the cables - made sure they were fitted properly. Powered up the server and saw a message that the disk was recognised again. However, there is still a red cross next to the disk, so it seems like it is not included properly yet.

What steps do I need to take to get it included again?

tower-diagnostics-20210223-1752.zip

10 minutes ago, Spewu said:

However, there is still a red cross next to the disk, so it seems like it is not included properly yet.

That's expected, once a disk is disable it needs to be rebuilt., disk itself looks OK, emulated disk is mounting and if data looks correct you can rebuild on top, I would still recommend replacing/swapping the cables to rule them out before rebuilding.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

That's expected, once a disk is disable it needs to be rebuilt., disk itself looks OK, emulated disk is mounting and if data looks correct you can rebuild on top, I would still recommend replacing/swapping the cables to rule them out before rebuilding.

Thanks a lot

• Spewu changed the title to (SOLVED) Device is disabled, contents emulated