(Solved) Primary GPU Changing

Interesting issue here, and I debated whether to put this here or in the VM section. Given that it seems to be an issue with Unraid switching the primary GPU, I thought maybe general support was the place... feel free to move if needed.

Here is the issue. I have a server setup with two video cards (both different versions of the Nvidia GT 710). I hook both monitors up and Unraid sees the card in the first slot as the primary GPU, which is what I want. I then pass the second video card through to the Windows 10 VM.

This works perfectly as long as both monitors are connected and on during the boot process. The trouble begins when I remove the monitor connected to the primary video card (the one Unraid is using) and then reboot. When the system starts, if there is not a monitor on the first card, Unraid takes over the second card as primary, which then prevents the VM from starting. I don't really want or need the second monitor hooked up and on all of the time, and would like to just use it for troubleshooting if needed.

Any idea how to force Unraid to use the first card, even if a monitor is not hooked to it?

Hardware...

Ryzen 9 3900x processor

Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus

32GB RAM

1GB Nvidia GT 710 in PCIe slot closest to the processor (x16 slot)

2GB Nvidia GT 710 in the other x16 PCIe slot

Thank you for any direction on this issue. I have searched the forums and watched many videos (most from SpaceInvader One) and haven't been able to find a resolution.

Thank you! 

Edited by ptmurphy
  • ptmurphy changed the title to (Solved) Primary GPU Changing