Array loss after moving to HBA

Hi,

I recently added a HBA to my system (with a few new drives) and so moved all my drives in the unraid array to be connected to this.

All the drives are discovered and showing fine.

However in unraid the array showed an error on all drives stating Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout. So after a while of being unable to get around this without reformatting I decided to start a new config from the tools options. I then took the drives I wanted the data from and mounted into a vm to see if I could use btrfs restore to get the data. 

I wasn't able to get anything with btrfs restore or btrfs-find-tree. the drives don't seem to have any partitions on them and basically seem to have no data on them.

Next i'm going to try removing the drives from the HBA and just connecting via the onboard sata to see if the card is doing anything weird. However the card seems to be fine as I started a new unraid array with my new blank drives and they are working without issue.

Any idea's on how I should proceed from here?

I do have a backup in the cloud but restoring everything will probably take until next Christmas and sadly not everything totally was synced.

Thanks for any advise!!

08:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller [0107]: Adaptec PMC-Sierra PM8019 SAS encryption HBA [Series 7He] [9005:8089] (rev 06)
    Subsystem: Adaptec PMC-Sierra PM8019 SAS encryption HBA [Series 7He] [9005:1600]
    Kernel driver in use: pm80xx
    Kernel modules: pm80xx

Seemingly it states it's using encryption, maybe this is causing my issue?

I've not yet got around to pulling a drive out and testing without the hba but shall see soon.