Help With Getting Hummingbot Container Working (Solved)

Hi!

I'm trying to get the hummingbot container (https://hub.docker.com/r/coinalpha/hummingbot) working. When I try it without any extra parameters I get the below error. 

Can anyone more familiar with docker point me in the right direction?

Thank so much!

Edit: It looks like some additional sets need to be taken before the container can be run:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CoinAlpha/hummingbot/development/installation/docker-commands/create.sh 

Trying to figure out how to get steps working on unraid.

Edit2: I'm thinking if I run the create.sh get the config files needed throw them into my app data and point the container to it I can get this working. I'll post an update if I can.

Edit3: I believe I have it working. Here is what my settings page looks like 

image.thumb.png.498415e972293d7c9850b0b6c72fbc11.png

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/hummingbot/miniconda3/envs/hummingbot/lib/python3.8/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 259, in _add_reader
key = self._selector.get_key(fd)
File "/home/hummingbot/miniconda3/envs/hummingbot/lib/python3.8/selectors.py", line 192, in get_key
raise KeyError("{!r} is not registered".format(fileobj)) from None
KeyError: '0 is not registered'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bin/hummingbot_quickstart.py", line 144, in <module>
main()
File "bin/hummingbot_quickstart.py", line 137, in main
if not login_prompt():
File "/home/hummingbot/hummingbot/client/ui/__init__.py", line 86, in login_prompt
show_welcome()
File "/home/hummingbot/hummingbot/client/ui/__init__.py", line 20, in show_welcome
message_dialog(
File "/home/hummingbot/miniconda3/envs/hummingbot/lib/python3.8/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/application/application.py", line 810, in run
return loop.run_until_complete(self.run_async(pre_run=pre_run))
File "/home/hummingbot/miniconda3/envs/hummingbot/lib/python3.8/asyncio/base_events.py", line 616, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
File "/home/hummingbot/miniconda3/envs/hummingbot/lib/python3.8/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/application/application.py", line 777, in run_async
return await _run_async2()
File "/home/hummingbot/miniconda3/envs/hummingbot/lib/python3.8/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/application/application.py", line 759, in _run_async2
result = await _run_async()
File "/home/hummingbot/miniconda3/envs/hummingbot/lib/python3.8/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/application/application.py", line 682, in _run_async
with self.input.attach(read_from_input):
File "/home/hummingbot/miniconda3/envs/hummingbot/lib/python3.8/contextlib.py", line 113, in __enter__
return next(self.gen)
File "/home/hummingbot/miniconda3/envs/hummingbot/lib/python3.8/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/input/vt100.py", line 176, in _attached_input
loop.add_reader(fd, callback)
File "/home/hummingbot/miniconda3/envs/hummingbot/lib/python3.8/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 332, in add_reader
return self._add_reader(fd, callback, *args)
File "/home/hummingbot/miniconda3/envs/hummingbot/lib/python3.8/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 261, in _add_reader
self._selector.register(fd, selectors.EVENT_READ,
File "/home/hummingbot/miniconda3/envs/hummingbot/lib/python3.8/selectors.py", line 359, in register
self._selector.register(key.fd, poller_events)
PermissionError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted

Edited by CrashnBrn
  • CrashnBrn changed the title to Help With Getting Hummingbot Container Working (Solved)
  • 2 months later...

Hey im struggling with this, did you get it to work? i created the docker with the same paths that you posted, i installed the docker and everything looked good. Only issue is when i launch the docker and try to open the console i get an error. "Error response from daemon: Container 9d1c404f51bedd3ba2836dbe9493be774253c21bba461dcbff8ea3d28aee6119 is not running". Thanks for any help!

46 minutes ago, MattOS said:

Hey im struggling with this, did you get it to work? i created the docker with the same paths that you posted, i installed the docker and everything looked good. Only issue is when i launch the docker and try to open the console i get an error. "Error response from daemon: Container 9d1c404f51bedd3ba2836dbe9493be774253c21bba461dcbff8ea3d28aee6119 is not running". Thanks for any help!

I did get it working, but, haven't touched it since. Did you set up all that was needed here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CoinAlpha/hummingbot/development/installation/docker-commands/create.sh ? There were folders that needed to be created initially and pointed to. 

I can give it another try if I have some extra time this weekend.

Edited by CrashnBrn
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...