Disk 7 in error state?

Hi,

I just got an email from my server to notify me that Disk 7 is in an error state. I'm not exactly sure what to do here. I have taken a diagnostics log of the server.

I notice the Disk is connected to my SAS card that I just got a few weeks ago. I initially had issues with it giving a small amount of read errors (4) but since then it's been fine until today. I was just updating some of my docker apps around the time this occurred, although that should be unrelated to the disk error as all my docker stuff is on cache ssd.

Can anyone take a look at the logs to figure out what might be the issue? Is my SAS card or 4to1 cable a bit dodgy or something? Also how should I proceed?

tower-diagnostics-20210314-1836.zip

Edited by Neejrow
added diagnostics

Just had another error, this time on disk SDH (SG7) which I am pretty sure is not the same drive as the original error. Although I am not 100% sure on this. Can anyone confirm between the 2 logs? I'm not great at understanding which drive is which. The other error log says disk SDF errored, but I'm not totally familiar with unRAID and if it assigns the same drive letters to the same drives each time after reboots.

Either way I know both times it's been drives that are connected to the LSI card, as only 2 are on that and the rest connected to the motherboard SATA ports.

Any suggestions? I'm about to order a new cable because the 2 cables I have, came included with the LSI card from the ebay seller. I'm worried maybe they aren't of the highest quality, as the sale was pretty cheap.

Note: The fixes for disabling EPC and Low Current Spinup had been already done to the drive that just errored this time.

tower-diagnostics-20210316-1513.zip

Edited by Neejrow

I have decided to set the 2 drives on my LSI card, to never spin down, while I wait for my new Mini SFF-8087 to SAS/SATA cables to arrive. But I also have a question. Why do my drives randomly just decide to spin up? As far as I can tell, nobody tried to access any of my media files. I manually spun down all my drives (except the 2 drives on the LSI card) and I just noticed a few minutes ago that one of them spun up? 

Mar 16 17:07:55 Tower nmbd[24170]:
Mar 16 17:07:55 Tower nmbd[24170]: *****
Mar 16 17:24:08 Tower kernel: mdcmd (45): set md_num_stripes 1280
Mar 16 17:24:08 Tower kernel: mdcmd (46): set md_queue_limit 80
Mar 16 17:24:08 Tower kernel: mdcmd (47): set md_sync_limit 5
Mar 16 17:24:08 Tower kernel: mdcmd (48): set md_write_method
Mar 16 17:39:57 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sde

Is there a way for me to go into more detailed version of logs that might indicate why this drive (sde) just randomly decided to spin up?

52 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

you can try connecting those disks to the onboard SATA controller

Unfortunately my board is out of SATA ports, thats why I bought this LSI card a few weeks ago.

Will just have to hope the new cable fixes it, until then I'll leave the drives running with no spin down.

I suppose if the issue occurs after that, I'll have to look for a new LSI card.