Disabled parity with errors but SMART report looks fine

Izzo

Hi there,

My parity drive has just been disabled following 42 errors, however after checking the SMART data everything seems to be fine from what I can tell. Please may someone take a look at my diagnostics to see if they can determine what might have gone wrong and whether there are any signs of a failing drive? I'm afraid my experience is very limited with troubleshooting these types of problems so your help would be very much appreciated.

I am currently on Unraid 6.8.2. The only thing I have been doing this afternoon is using Sonarr/Radarr/SABnzbd, nothing out of the ordinary.

If there's any more information I can provide to assist you, please do let me know.

Kind regards,

Izzo

izzonas-diagnostics-20210315-1839.zip

Edited by Izzo
Added unraid version

37 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Looks more like a connection/power problem, replace/swap cables to rule them out if it happens again.

That's a relief. Thanks so much for taking a look. I will do that.

As a related side question, are parity checks stressful on the drives? I can't remember whether it was both parity checks and rebuilds that put an increased amount of stress on the other drives, or whether it was just rebuilds.

11 hours ago, Izzo said:

I can't remember whether it was both parity checks and rebuilds that put an increased amount of stress on the other drives, or whether it was just rebuilds.

Both will read the complete disk surface, so it does put some stress on the disks, but nothing major if they are working as they should.