Sonarr/Radarr won't connect to Jackett/Deluge when using a VPN

I've been using Binhex DelugeVPN with Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr and Jackett all routing their internet through the Deluge docker for a couple months. A couple weeks ago, it stopped working. Sonarr, Radarr and Lidarr are no longer connecting to Jackett or Deluge. I don't remember changing any settings or if there was an update recently, I just noticed one day that nothing was being added to Deluge. I tried a slightly different route by using an openvpn docker and routing everything through that instead, but still nothing. If I disable the vpn and set each docker network type to 'Bridge' everything seems to connect as they should. For obvious reasons, I don't want to do it this way. Could anyone help me out on what could be going on?

I currently have openvpn setup with a nordvpn account. I can check my public IP as well as ping google, so I would assume it has proper internet connection. Each docker container that is using openvpn is connected by setting the network type to 'None' with the argument --net=container:openvpn. Those also have the same public IP as well as internet access. But for some reason something seems to be blocking the connection to each other docker container. I don't even know if this is an issue with the docker containers or if I need to do something different on my network

I hope I did a good enough job explaining what my issue is, any help is appreciated.

19 hours ago, Ericjr said:

Check the forum, binhex had to make a change to the deluge container  and you need to change your sonar/radar to local host. details are in the comments near the end  

That wasn't related to the issue I had. I was actually planning on switching over to running everything through a dedicated vpn docker instead of using the deluge vpn. The issue I was having was specifically related to sonarr and radarr being unable to connect the indexers to jackett. However, I just solved it by changing the url I get from jackett torznab to be 'localhost' instead of using my actual IP address. Thanks for your help though. I think it did, in some way, point me in the right direction.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

To save some people digging through forum comments, this comment was the solution for me.

I had to add my Unraid server's IP in both Sonarr and Radarr under Settings > General > Proxy > "Addresses for the proxy to ignore

This is described in Q26 in the documentation here: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Hopefully this helps!

• Like 3
  • 11 months later...

quite new to this but how are people now connecting radarr and sonarr together with a vpn container and running it all through that vpn? i've been trying a few things myself but doesnt seem to work? Im running delugevpn container atm linked with my nordvpn (Openvpn) account and it runs fine but it seems i need to link radarr and sonarr with it cause it wont pick it up otherwise.

• 9 months later...
On 4/10/2021 at 2:14 PM, Beaupnm said:

To save some people digging through forum comments, this comment was the solution for me.

Hopefully this helps!

this helped me today - thanks!  for future googler, my  error was :
Prowlarr url is invalid, Radarr cannot connect to Prowlarr

btw this also solved being unable to connect to deluge.

Edited by morglum
  • 10 months later...
On 3/17/2021 at 10:53 PM, RBoots said:

That wasn't related to the issue I had. I was actually planning on switching over to running everything through a dedicated vpn docker instead of using the deluge vpn. The issue I was having was specifically related to sonarr and radarr being unable to connect the indexers to jackett. However, I just solved it by changing the url I get from jackett torznab to be 'localhost' instead of using my actual IP address. Thanks for your help though. I think it did, in some way, point me in the right direction.

Can you share what the torznab feed should look like ? i cant find anything in the documentation that describes what this should look like.