[SOLVED] Upgraded Cache drive and now "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started"

Hope someone can help please?

Had a 120GB and 240GB pool cache drive, was running out of space as i have a few VM's on them.

The 4 shares i have that use the cache ( i think it was Domains Isos, System & App ) were changed to Yes and Mover ran,

(tried Mover a few times but the last 10MB of 350GB of data would not move over to array. no idea why the last 10MB did not move but as it was for a docker i was not using i was happy to loose it)

Stopped array, added my newly purchased a 1TB ssd,  removed the 2 small ssd from cache pool section and added the 1TB

Changed the 4 shares to prefer cache yes, and watched the data flow back to cache, Dockers, VMs all seemed fine.

I noticed i had Cache 2 and Cache 3 showing unassigned, (and the drives now showing in the unassigned drives section ) 3 slots showed, so i changed slots to 1

Couple days later having issues with a zigbee usb stick not showing in a Home Assistant VM, i reboot the array and get a problem

Next to 1TB Cache disk "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started"

Obviously, i am not going to start it until i get some advise on how to get the data back, Can anyone help please? 

Unraid.PNG

main-diagnostics-20210320-1602.zip

1TB is the only cache device now correct? If yes you can do this:

If Docker/VM services are using the cache pool disable them, unassign the cache device, start array to make Unraid "forget" current cache config, stop array, reassign the cache device (there can't be an "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started" warning for any cache device), re-enable Docker/VMs if needed, start array.

• Thanks 2
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Upgraded Cache drive and now "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started"