Intel or AMD when using P2000 with Plex

Hey guys, I have been running a budget i3 for a while now. I have mainly been running a Plex server (Docker) due to the many old devices in my house that pick and choose what format and codecs to run. I recently upgraded with a p2000 because I have 1 4k TV in the house. I now want to invest in my setup and upgrade the CPU, mobo and ram but I'm not sure if going AMD ryzen will stop me using the p2000 due to its lack of support with Quick sync. The only articles I can find on the matter and a year old +. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

34 minutes ago, Mitch_B91 said:

Hey guys, I have been running a budget i3 for a while now. I have mainly been running a Plex server (Docker) due to the many old devices in my house that pick and choose what format and codecs to run. I recently upgraded with a p2000 because I have 1 4k TV in the house. I now want to invest in my setup and upgrade the CPU, mobo and ram but I'm not sure if going AMD ryzen will stop me using the p2000 due to its lack of support with Quick sync. The only articles I can find on the matter and a year old +. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

QuickSync support is not a necessary feature for transcoding in general as Plex also supports Nvidia GPUs such as the P2000 on Linux.

It really does not matter whether or not the CPU is Intel or Ryzen if you are doing hardware (GPU) transcoding wtih an Nvidia GPU.

The necessary Nvidia drivers are available via plugin for unRAID.

Your Nvidia P2000 is now capable of hardware encoding and decoding in Plex with "unrestricted" simultaneous streams.  Plex used to support ENC (only) with Nvidia GPUs but now supports ENC and DEC.