Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 $44.99, $19.99 after $25 MIR

unRaidMe

Just picked these guys up for my Supermicro C2SEE.

They are the Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3B1K2/4GX. Listed at $49.99. $5 off w/ promo code EMCKHHH42, ends 2/28. $25 mail in rebate. $49.99 - $5 - $25 = $19.99!

They are NOT on the Kingston tested compatible list. I called Kingston and they said that they don't test compatibility with their HyperX line of RAM but that they would feel confident that it would work with the C2SEE... and if it doesn't work, they said to call them and they can help me tweak settings to try and get it to work. For $20 after rebate and their tech support, I couldn't not buy it :)

This set has been "selling out" since Tuesday on newegg. My guess is that they just have a limited stock for each day so that you'll linger on their site longer... their tactics worked on me. I ended up picking up the Celeron E3400 to also go into the C2SEE. My build is slow going but it's getting there! Now I need a good deal on a case and 2 more 2TB drives.

Thanks for letting me know they were back in stock.

I was after these for a non UnRaid build(host for Virtual machines) 2 days ago. I tried to buy 2 sets(8GB=$40 after MIR) with a AMD MB and AMD 6core CPU. Whole thing came out to just under $250 after MIRs and NewEgg loyalty coupons(tied to my account,sorry). Unfortunately I did some more looking before checking out, and when I hit checkout the Memory was gone.  :o I got unpset and looked around for some good deals, didn't see any so... I decided to get the MB and CPU. In the meantime the MB had sold out. Worse they put(it had crossed midnight PST) a special gift(some stupid game) on the 6core CPU, that made my loyalty coupon invalid for it. >:(

At least I'll get the memory.

/justme

Glad you were able to get it (finally).

I hesitated on Tuesday then it went out of stock. I randomly checked yesterday and saw that it was in stock but I wanted to confirm that it would work with my mobo. By the time I heard back from Supermicro (they aren't very helpful nor very professional IMHO) and then Kingston, it was out of stock again. By then, I started noticing a pattern that things go out of stock but they "magically" come back the next day :) I refreshed every once in a while throughout today and it finally went back in stock and I jumped at the chance... I just hope it does actually work with my mobo and that it was all worth it.