Disk getting kicked offline

So I have 2 usb disks.  One seems to be randomly being kicked offline.  I have verified that sleep mode has been turned off with WD disk utils and idle3.  This diag is from a VM container but on same hardware, bare metal the same results happen.  There is no distinct cause that I can tell.  It will happen in the middle of a transfer or idle.  

USB isn't necessarily supposed and I get that.  If the root cause isn't evident I would be happy with a way to just restart the array.  I can write the script and all that, but I wasn't able to find a way to stop and start the array from the command line.

tower-diagnostics-20210503-1154.zip

Edited by jmztaylor
  • jmztaylor changed the title to Disk getting kicked offline
9 minutes ago, jmztaylor said:

USB isn't necessarily supposed and I get that

It's not recommend, one of the reasons is this one, it can get disconnected without an apparent reason:

May  3 09:29:25 Tower kernel: usb 4-1: USB disconnect, device number 2
May  3 09:29:25 Tower kernel: usb 4-2: USB disconnect, device number 3

8 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

It's not recommend, one of the reasons is this one, it can get disconnected without an apparent reason:

May  3 09:29:25 Tower kernel: usb 4-1: USB disconnect, device number 2
May  3 09:29:25 Tower kernel: usb 4-2: USB disconnect, device number 3

But is there a way to restart array from command line?

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

You need to rebuild the disk using the GUI.

Data is good and working.  The fix is always stop the array and start it.  So in my use case just restarting it when I find an error will work.  Reboot is an option but would prefer to just restart the array

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

Didn't notice you don't have parity, yes, in that case you just need to restart the array for Unraid to re-detect the disk.

Yes is there a simple way to do it from the command line.  I can just write a script that monitors syslog for error and restart it but I am unable to find a way to restart the array from the command line