After resume from suspended state my Ubuntu 20.10 VM can't access to mount tag

Hello to everybody

I have installed my Ubuntu 20.10 distribution in a VM (in a VirtIO disk) and it works perfectly: graphics card, devices, usb...

But some time ago I observed that, when I suspend my VM and start again (resume) the "unraid mount tag" throught I access to my host storage is completly locked. I mean: from file browser, the directory still with the loading spinner without message; from console, when I try to list or access to directory I have the same results, nothing. No error messages, and no results or any clue about what is happend under the hoods. For example in my terminal:

$> ls /mnt/unraid
(...nothing during hours...)

May be is related with my fstab configuration, but I am not sure:

# /etc/fstab
unraid /mnt/unraid 9p trans=virtio,version=9p2000.L,_netdev,relatime,rw    0    0

If I open some dialog in application that reads that directory (/mnt/unraid/**) it automatically locks and is very difficult to kill them. By other hand if I reboot the VM it takes a long time finished the process.

When I boot the VM or reboot for a first time it works how I spected, but when I suspend the operating system, the trouble start like I described above.

Please if you need some checks or logs I am opened to send them. I want to solve that issue :)

Thank you so much.

Hello @jonathanm and thank you for your answer.

You mean that I can mount a CIFS with the "mount tag"?

I can made a test, but I am not sure if it this the issue because in normal conditions the 9p works with a excellent performance. After all, if I try do an dd command, for example, to benchmark it when it is failing may be the command could be that not work because, now a days, if i try to list the /mnt/ (where it is the mount point) directory, it gets locked without any response.

I don't know if is a virtio driver issue from host or from vm.

Thank you

Edited by terox
Clarifications