Write Speeds should be faster? 1,2Gbit cap with 2,5Gbit Card, 4 drives no parity

Hey there,

i´m new to unraid. Yesterday i have set up my final unraid server with now 2x8TB and 2x2TB and an extra 8TB Parity drive that is added when copying over is finished.

All these drives should have speeds of ~130MB/s write and read when they are empty. "Reconstrict write is enabled"

I Bought two 2,5Gbit lan cards (Edimax EN-9225TX-E), so i can take advantage of a cache SSDs later.

CPU is an AMD FX 6350 with 8Gigs of Ram that may be upgraded to a newer i5 later. I think the FX is not very Power efficient. CPU Utilization is 20-40% when copying.

I created two shares, each assigned to one of the 8TB drives to copy to just for now. If i copy from two drives from my pc to two of the unraids shares, the inbound caps at about 1,2Gbit. In the Array i can see that files will be written to both drives, but with max speed of ~150MB/s combined when i copy large Video files with 2-5GB.  Sometimes it´s slower, many small files may take longer to copy.

I would think that if no parity drive is present, this should max out both 8tb drives.

One thing to note is, that i should use a Cat6 cable. I am waiting for a new one to arrive. Now i am using a cat5e cable. Crystaldiskmark measured read speeds of ~250MB/s but 160MB/s write speeds with a cache ssd with my cat5e cable. I removed the cache ssd for now because it overheated after 20 minutes. So cat5e is "maybe" fine?

Any Ideas? Am I crazy? Is this normal?

Regards.

tower-diagnostics-20210515-1254.zip