Is there any Way to use the Network of an Docker Container for an VM?

On the container that you want to use the OpenVPN container set the network to None and in advanced mode add the following to the extra parameters variable "--net=container:[container_name]" setting the [container name] to the openvpn container name you have chosen eg "--net=container:OpenVPN"  

• 2 weeks later...

I too would like my VM to access the Internet through my OVPN-Client Container. Unfortunatley @tinyaim your solution deals with Dockers being routed through another Docker, what we are talking about is ensuring our VM uses the OVPN-Client Container to access the internet.

Edited by apefray
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 9:05 PM, tinyaim said:

On the container that you want to use the OpenVPN container set the network to None and in advanced mode add the following to the extra parameters variable "--net=container:[container_name]" setting the [container name] to the openvpn container name you have chosen eg "--net=container:OpenVPN"  

Yep I know that but in playing I set it to host and it seems to have taken out the unraid webui.  I have no easy way of setting back that I can see.  The current acces I have to the server is via SSH.

Edited by tinyaim