Migrate Unraid Basic install to Unraid Pro

Hello,

I have an Unraid Basic installation that's all set up.  A family member just gave me a USB disk with Unraid Pro on it, which is great because I want to use more drives.  Do I just need to copy over the /config folder, or is there more to migrating my installation?

Thanks in advance!

Someone smarter than I will chime in, BUT... I suspect your family member's USB has very different information on it than yours. In short, It might not be easy to transfer your "family member" license to your server. I believe you can transfer the "license" (use more drives) easily... but, transferring your server configuration to the new USB might take a little work.

Wait for the experts. It can absolutely be done.

Copying across the config folder will transfer all the Settings to the Pro USB disk (but you may want to delete the config folder on the Pro disk first to clear any existing settings).   After doing that you will want to make sure that the Pro disk only contains the licence key relevant to it.   As a precaution I would recommend first taking a copy of the Pro disk current contents before attempting to copy anything across to it.   You would then need to boot your server using the Pro disk in place of the current ‘Basic’ one.