Starting array/Writing Files Causes Crash

I upgraded my build from an older Intel setup to an AMD FX8350 on an MSI 970 Gaming motherboard and swapped two aging (but still working) drives with two new Seagate 1tb hard drives.
I have 9 drives in my array. 1 parity drive. 7 data drives. 1 pool/cache SSD. I use a 8 port PCI-E startech RAID card along with some of the SATA ports on the motherboard.
This configuration worked just fine before the hardware changes.
Issues since doing the upgrade:
1st. Being unable to connect or even establish link lights.
After a few reboots that issue miraculously went away with no changes to the configuration or BIOS.

2nd. One of the seagate drives would either give an "unable to mount" feedback or completely crash when starting the array.
I re-formatted the drive, performed all checks which all passed, then the mounting issue went away but it crashes every single time I start the array.
So I removed that drive from the array, started again, and the array actually started and worked, for a few minutes.
Once I start writing anything, things get wonky and crash. To observe this, I ran a continuous ping while rebooting the machine, starting the array, and moving files (attached screenshot). Constant steady 3 to 4 ms response time, then once I start moving files, it continued getting 3-4ms response times for about one minute, then times out, then comes back but decelerates into the 1000-3000ms response times, then becomes completely unreachable/locked up, only fixable via a hard power cycle.
I've tried moving drives around, removing the parity temporarily, removing my cache drive, etc. Basically any hardware configuration you can imagine in my setup ends in a crash at worst or an infinite "mounting drives" or "starting services" at best.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Pings.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20210525-2053.zip

Edited by Tisrok

I removed my parity drive and both new seagate drives and with the remaining six drives the array works fine.. Tested files ranging from 5MB-4GB without issue.
I'm really at a loss here.
Additional info: Forgot to note that my first steps were to swap all sata cables, and the power supply is brand new out of the box.

Edited by Tisrok
Additional information

Not related but you should be aware that your system and appdata shares are on the array, probably because you started docker without a cache drive.

Sounds like a power issue if it runs with fewer disks.

12 hours ago, Tisrok said:

8 port PCI-E startech RAID card

Didn't notice that one in the diagnostics. Was it installed?

9 hours ago, trurl said:

Not related but you should be aware that your system and appdata shares are on the array, probably because you started docker without a cache drive.

Sounds like a power issue if it runs with fewer disks.

Didn't notice that one in the diagnostics. Was it installed?

Yes, all drives except the cache were running off the card.
My apologies, disregard the Startech bit, I was thinking of my other RAID card. This one is a GLOTRENDS PCIe 2.0 X4 to SATA III 8 Port compatible with Linux/Windows/etc.
Power supply should be fine, it's a brand new modular Corsair 750 watt, replacing my older Corsair 750 that worked under roughly the same load. Between all my components at load it shouldn't be using more than 450 watts.

Edited by Tisrok
23 hours ago, jonathanm said:

That appears to be a non-typical card, possibly using 4 ea 2 port controllers with a PCIe bridge or something.

It would be the first thing I'd remove to troubleshoot this.

I've confirmed the card is working as intended. I don't have enough SATA ports on my motherboard to support my array without it.
I've narrowed the issue down to something being wrong with the parity.
With all drives (including moving my current Western Digital parity drive) set as data drives except for my pool/cache ssd, the array starts and works fine.
As soon as I move any drive into the parity slot and attempt to start the array, it hangs on "mounting disks..." and crashes.

Edited by Tisrok