WD EARS 2 TB drive

I have some of these drives that were used in a Raid array and had the WD align programme run on them to correct the 4K MBR situation on XP. I have now added them into my unRaid array (without data of course). Should I have done this straight off, or is there something that I should have done to them first to "unalign" them

What does the WD align program do exactly? I thought that it is an alternative to using a jumper to improve performance with XP (or pre-4.7 unRAID). If it does do the same thing as a jumper then setting the drive to 4K unaligned would improve performance.

What does the WD align program do exactly? I thought that it is an alternative to using a jumper to improve performance with XP (or pre-4.7 unRAID). If it does do the same thing as a jumper then setting the drive to 4K unaligned would improve performance.

Nobody knows.  (or at least, they are not telling)

Nobody knows.  (or at least, they are not telling)

Whatever it does it took 4 days to do it on 6 drives that I had.

Archived