Inaccessible GUI via the LAN and parity drive showing as “disabled”

Noob here.

I awoke this morning and found my unRAID server offline. I rebooted the server, but it was still showing as offline.

I attached a monitor to the unRAID server and rebooted. The text/command-line boot sequence went through its sequence but ended with username/password request. I entered my username and password and was able to “sign-in,” but the GUI was still inaccessible on my LAN.

I rebooted the server and chose unRAID GUI mode from the list of options at boot. The GUI booted, and I am able to access the GUI via the monitor attached to the server, but I cannot access the GUI via the LAN. On top of that, the parity drive is listed as “disabled.”

I ran a SMART quick test on the parity drive and it returned no errors, a good drive.

I checked power and SATA cables to all drives. All cables are attached and correct.

Thinking it may be a corrupt OS, I copied all OS files from the flash drive to another disk. I re-imaged the flash drive. I copied the Config file back to the re-imaged flash drive.

I rebooted with the re-imaged flash drive and experienced the same problems: inaccessible GUI via the LAN and parity drive showing as “disabled.”

USB Flash drive is a 32GB Samsung Fit. Less than a year old.

Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Edited by blacklisted

What address are you using when trying to access the GUI via the LAN?    It appears that DHCP is configured so it is possible for the IP address to change between boots if you have not reserved a particular address for the server at the router.    In the diagnostics it looked as though the server was given the address 192.168.0.220 - have you tried that?

the parity drive being disabled is unrelated to the GUI issue - it means that a write to it failed for some reason.    You can re-enable it by:

• stopping the array
  • unassigning the parity drive
  • starting the array to ‘forget’ the parity drive
  • stop the array
  • re-assign the parity drive
  • start the array to rebuild the parity dtive contents.

Ah, yes, thanks. I just figured that out and was going to post my finding. I reset my router the other day. The reset changed the subnet from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1. It also cleared my address reservation for my unRAID server. I reset the subnet and re-added the address reservation. Now I can access unRAID GUI via the LAN! Smacking my forehead...

Thanks for the help : )

Edited by blacklisted