(HOW?) Complete Backup of UnRaid 6.9.2 Server (config / VM´s / Shares) ?

Hello,

I´m playing with UnRaid for 2 days nonstop now and will use it for my company to replace two old servers and an old Synology NAS.

I now understand things like array, parity, cache etc. my two test VM´s (windows server / windows 10) and my share running fine.

BUT what do i need or better what exactly do i need to backup / export in the case of a total failure ?

Is it enough to simple save the VM´s vdisk1.img ?

I´m a little lost in this specific part sind google & co only show me things like backup to a UnRaid server and not the other way around.

And i´m pretty sure there are plugins as well fo my case.

The perfect solution would be a plugin which saves everything needed to my other synology NAS.

Thank you very much in advance !

Flash drive is the configuration (including plugins and docker templates).

Assuming you haven't intentionally created any files at the top level of any disk, everything else is in User Shares.

Docker container working data should all be in appdata User Share, vdisks should all be in domains User Share, system User Share should have libvirt and docker img files, and all of your other data should be in whatever User Shares you put them in. 

If your configuration (on flash) sees same disks it will use them as they are on different hardware. With flash and the existing disks you can get going again on another system just as you were. Many of us have done just that when we wanted to upgrade hardware.

If you have to manually copy everything from backups to new disks then you would need to make sure that dockers and VMs were not enabled until all of their related data was in place.

In any case, you must always have another copy of anything important and irreplaceable. Parity is not a substitute for backups.