VM Manager Issue

Hi there I am new to unraid so this may be a rookie mistake but I setup a Win10 VM using the virtual display driver at first. After some trial and error I got that to work fine. Then I attempted to pass through a newly acquired EVGA 3080Ti to the VM. When I try to boot the VM I get nothing. The status symbol still says stopped and the red arrows just keep spinning. If I move away from the VM Manager screen and try to come back the GUI never renders the VM manager again with no error codes. I should also note that when I try to reboot the server it never fully cycles down and I have to do a hard power off in order to reboot. I am assuming I did something wrong here. Can anyone shine some light on the issue for me?

Edited by SeanL

Hi there,

Please share your complete system diagnostics with us and your VM settings.  Have you tried creating the VM pass through the GPU immediately before installing Windows?  You shouldn't have to install Windows using the virtual graphics adapter.  In addition, if your underlying hardware doesn't have a built-in GPU, this can also cause a problem.  I would suggest checking out the videos from SpaceInvaderOne on YouTube for advanced GPU pass through techniques:

• 1 year later...
On 6/30/2021 at 8:19 PM, SeanL said:

Hi there I am new to unraid so this may be a rookie mistake but I setup a Win10 VM using the virtual display driver at first. After some trial and error I got that to work fine. Then I attempted to pass through a newly acquired EVGA 3080Ti to the VM. When I try to boot the VM I get nothing. The status symbol still says stopped and the red arrows just keep spinning. If I move away from the VM Manager screen and try to come back the GUI never renders the VM manager again with no error codes. I should also note that when I try to reboot the server it never fully cycles down and I have to do a hard power off in order to reboot. I am assuming I did something wrong here. Can anyone shine some light on the issue for me?

Did you get this working? I've got the same problem.