Hello

In my array there are four 2000gb Cruicial SSDs. Two o them are parity. At parity check each SSD is ca 250MB/s. I have also started a Benchmark via Dokcer an the SSDs has max 320MB/s. I have also looked in the web and there are Benachmarks with 400Mb/s. What is the Problem?

My hardware:

Manufacturer HP

ModelProliant DL380e G8

Processor2x Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2430L 15M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 7.20 GT/s Intel® QPI

Memory16GB RAM/ 12 DIMM slots: DDR3 Registered

RAID_controllerHP Dynamic Smart Array P420

Riser Card1x Card

Systems ManagementiLO 4

Storage Type2U 2-socket rack

Drive Bays12 LFF drive bays

Network controllerHP Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 366i Adapter

Power supply1x HP 460W Common Slot Platinum Plus Hot Plug Power Supply (94% Efficiency)

1 hour ago, christian_domes said:

At parity check each SSD is ca 250MB/s.

A parity check is a real time calculation which spins up and reads all of the data disks. 250 MB/s is a great speed for a parity check.  Even if your data disks are just the other two SSDs, there is some overhead involved in reading the data disks and doing the parity calculations.  With even one HDD in the array, it is going to limit speeds further.

My system is all HDDs for parity and data.  It starts at around 175 MB/s and averages ~137 MB/s over the 16 or so hours it runs.  My HDDs show a max speed around 190/200 MB/s with the DIskSpeed docker container.

Fluctuations in speed should not be much of an issue with a pure SSD array.

Edited by Hoopster