Server Shutting Itself Down at least Once a Day

Hey all,

I've been running into a somewhat odd issue lately. I'm running Unraid 6.9.2 mainly as a Docker container host, but do utilize it for some file shares on my LAN.

I have a QNAP TS-251+ acting as a storage backend for most of the larger data within my Docker containers, mounted as an SMB share through Unassigned Devices. These are both connected to my network via gigabit network connections.

Without fail, at least once or twice a day, my server will completely power itself off without my instruction. There are no processes I'm running that would automate a shutdown of the server.

I've attached a snippet of my syslog. I'm seeing a number of kernel trap messages that are formatted similar to the following:

kernel: traps: lsof[32635] general protection fault ip:14f154227a9e sp:c1118279394e5048 error:0 in libc-2.30.so[14f154208000+16b000]

I recently swapped out a 2GB RAM stick I had to 8GB to give myself 16GB total, so I initially thought that might have been the issue, but no matter what combination of RAM I try, it doesn't result in stability lasting for longer than a day.

Has anyone else seen this issue before that might be able to point me in the right troubleshooting direction?

Thanks!!

new 1.txt

ericserverpc-diagnostics-20210708-1418.zip

Edited by eroc1990
Adding disgnostics
  • 3 weeks later...

This might be a silly suggestion but check to see if you have any miscellaneous usb or other peripherals hooked up to the system. I just recently had a tiny bluetooth usb adapter in a system and it was conflicting with the motherboard bluetooth.  I would have thought this was no big deal but it did keep randomly causing reboots until I took our the bluetooth adapter.

Which in general to troubleshoot its good to just simplify the system as much as you can and see if the reboots keep happening. I hate these types of problems. I would have suggested PSU as well. But I see you confirmed that was not a problem.