Cannot add a second Unraid Share to VM, stuck at 'UPDATING'

Hi I encountered a strange issue where I cannot add another 'Unraid Share' to my VM in the 'Form view' in the VM setting. When I added the second share, and click the 'UPDATE' button, it will stay at the 'UPDATEING' state and cannot commit the change.

It's a fairly new unraid rig as I had it only for abut two months and this is practically my first VM in use.

Unraid is version 6.9.2.

I also attached diagnostics file just in case it might be needed.

tower-diagnostics-20210711-1333.zip

21 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Thank @JorgeB, I found that thread as well, and none of those solutions/workaround make sense to me, as I didn't rename my VM (that's the first VM I've setup on the Unraid rig), or change the VM settings in the Xml view.

But since you mentioned that thread. I had another look and  the Auto change to manul Primary vDisk workaround does seems worth a shot, yet it doesn't make difference for me.

The auto VDisk location is actually the right one, and if I change it to 'Manual' and select the path again, I still cannot add the second Unraid share.

I guess I could try the Xml view if I want, but looks like there are other users reported that using the Xml view cause the issue to begin with, so I not keen to do that yet. Now I am just Mount the Unraid share via NFS instead, looks it's wokring ok.

But surely it's a bug right?

• 1 year later...