Transferring Large Amounts of Data from Windows 10 to unRAID Remotely

I have a large directory (400gb) that I need to transfer to my unRAID server from my Windows 10 machine. I am not on the same network as my server, so I have been using Wireguard effectively up until now. However, I am getting 3MB/s transfer speeds to my SMB shares through Wireguard, and as low as 200KB/s at other times, despite the networks on both ends of the VPN being gigabit lines. I fixed the Wireguard MTU issue, but these slow speeds just don't work for me. The transfer was going to take 36 hours, and I decided to let it run, and then something cancelled it halfway through and I'm not going through that again.

I'm trying to find a solution for this for weeks now. Can't say when the problems started, it was working for month some time ago. Anyways, changing the MTU helps (I set it to 1280 in wireguard for fiber connections), but I see almost the same behavior of speed dropping down to 10 MBit/s after some time. Not sure if it's SMB, Wireguard, unRAID, all of it...it's frustrating.

I switched to NFS shares and although not working with max speed (250 MBit), it at least runs stable with 80-100 MBit and I continously transfered 2 TB without a problem. This was unRAID to unRAID, so I didn't try with Windows (and never mounted NFS with Windows). Maybe you want to give it a shot, there are tutorials on the web on how to mount NFS rw on Win10 (Pro/Enterprise).