Unraid share passed thru in Ubuntu VM

Good day all,

First of all, i'm a newb in regards to anything Linux based. Even tho i'm setting up a ubuntu server.

I'm running into an issue.

So far i have managed to mount a share in ubuntu 20.04 using fstab.

I've mounted the same share over network via NFS and i've mounted it via the Hyperviser.

Next thing ofcourse was to do write testing, for this i used the dd command:

sudo dd if=dev/zero of=/mnt/share/testfile bs=100M count=1 oflag=dsync.

When i test it via this method, i'm getting write speeds of a whopping 2MB/s! (yes, thats sarcasm)

When i do the same test, but this time the target of the nfs mounted share, i get 100MB/s, which is ofcourse the limit of a 1gbps network connection.

So i decided to do the same, but this time the target is simply /mnt. Now i'm getting write speeds up to 600MB/s.

So, from the array point of view, everything is configured correctly, i'm properly using the cache when doing the last command, just can't find the file anywhere but within the VM (which makes sence, as it should be).

Now the question: How can i improve the 2MB/s write speed more towards the 600 range, which i can clearly achieve?

Fstab:

unraidshare /unraidshare 9p trans=virtio,version=9p2000.L,_netdev,rw 0 0

So, after some searching, i found someone who added an msize command.

This turns the 2mb into 80mb. Which is a lot better, but still nowhere near the 600mb i should be getting.

With msize of 512000 i'm getting 150MB/s. which is atleast better than loading it up with nfs and loading my network with double filetransfers (CCTV video feeds to server, to be read back and saved over the network on a share)

Edited by Caennanu