Windows 7 not connecting drives

Go to Credential Manager under Control Panel-User Accounts. Look for your network storage device under windows credential and open it. Then select Edit. Replece the domain name in front of your user name (Ip adress to tower, in my case using fixed ip adress). Save.

Log off from you Windows account and then log in again. Windows will again say it cannot connect network drive. Open Credential Manager again and you will notice that your device is not there under windows credential.

Now connect your device again manually. Then in Credential Manager click "Add a Windows Credential": enter device name (IP Address to tower, in my case using fixed IP address) as internet/network address, user name (without domain name) and password. Save.

That is it. Log off window and then log back on, your device should be connected automatically.

Best Regards

Peter

Go to Credential Manager under Control Panel-User Accounts. Look for your network storage device under windows credential and open it. Then select Edit. Replece the domain name in front of your user name (Ip adress to tower, in my case using fixed ip adress). Save.

Log off from you Windows account and then log in again. Windows will again say it cannot connect network drive. Open Credential Manager again and you will notice that your device is not there under windows credential.

Now connect your device again manually. Then in Credential Manager click "Add a Windows Credential": enter device name (IP Address to tower, in my case using fixed IP address) as internet/network address, user name (without domain name) and password. Save.

That is it. Log off window and then log back on, your device should be connected automatically.

Best Regards

Peter

Thanks Peter I'll give it a try,

Do I have to do this for each drive?

Archived