Quick question about Security (IP BANN & 2FA)

HIHO,

sry for my bad english & noobynes^^

qucik question:

Even with an encrypted Array - What about brutforce? Where and how to set up the timebarrier** to the webUI?

**(So if u tried 3 times the wrong PW u have to wait 5 min or something to try it again)

I wanted my web ui to be accessable in the WAN, so i routed a port to the WebUI (just for testing) - is there a possibility for more options about an IP BANN or the timebarrier?

there are some 2FA ways via docker, but there aren't really much guides for it***, and a more nativ build in security would make me feel better - any information on this? :)   ***(im surly spoiled because of Space invader Ones epic nice guides^^ :D ) 

Is a docker as 2FA really secure? What about layer8 fails? Could a wrongly builded 2FA docker break my neck?

THX :)

11 minutes ago, majo23 said:

HIHO,

sry for my bad english & noobynes^^

qucik question:

Even with an encrypted Array - What about brutforce? Where and how to set up the timebarrier** to the webUI?

**(So if u tried 3 times the wrong PW u have to wait 5 min or something to try it again)

I wanted my web ui to be accessable in the WAN, so i routed a port to the WebUI (just for testing) - is there a possibility for more options about an IP BANN or the timebarrier?

there are some 2FA ways via docker, but there aren't really much guides for it***, and a more nativ build in security would make me feel better - any information on this? :)  ***(im surly spoiled because of Space invader Ones epic nice guides^^ :D

Is a docker as 2FA really secure? What about layer8 fails? Could a wrongly builded 2FA docker break my neck?

THX :)

The normally recommended (secure) way to access the Unraid GUI from outside the LAN is to use a VPN link and Unraid has WireGuard VPN support built in which makes it easy.  You can also (optionally) set up the WireGuard link to allow access to any device on your LAN, not just the Unraid server.

An alternative is to use the MyServers plugin which has remote access to Unraid as one of its features.

• Like 1