Disk Disabled

Your parity drive is ready for the scrap yard

5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   PO--CK   073   073   005    -    7456

Disk 1 is above my comfort level

5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   PO--CK   100   100   010    -    952

Disk 2 actually looks good, but simply a connection issue. Reseat everything to it, then rebuild it.

Only after a successful rebuild should you replace the parity drive.  Because of the massive amounts of reallocated sectors on the parity drive, you may have some corruption

And also, make sure you have notifications enabled so you'll get an email / push notification if your drives degrade further (and if any replacement begins to degrade)

On 8/21/2021 at 7:59 PM, Squid said:

Your parity drive is ready for the scrap yard

5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   PO--CK   073   073   005    -    7456

Disk 1 is above my comfort level

5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   PO--CK   100   100   010    -    952

Disk 2 actually looks good, but simply a connection issue. Reseat everything to it, then rebuild it.

Only after a successful rebuild should you replace the parity drive.  Because of the massive amounts of reallocated sectors on the parity drive, you may have some corruption

And also, make sure you have notifications enabled so you'll get an email / push notification if your drives degrade further (and if any replacement begins to degrade)

Sorry for the late reply. The parity drive has been having a lot of errors since 12K+ so I need to replace this and replace disk 1? I am surprised by this, parity drive is a WD Red prior used in a MyCloud EX2 Ultra and the other drive (disk 1) was a brand new opened box barracuda purchased 7/11/21 specifically for this unraid machine.

Drive 2 was my oldest probably 7+ years old. Did I mess something up during setup?

Edited by jermal
13 minutes ago, jermal said:

Did I mess something up during setup?

If you didn't setup Notifications to alert you immediately by email or other agent as soon as a problem is detected then I would say that was a mistake. Fix Common Problems plugin would have warned you about that, but I thought there was also a warning from Unraid if you don't enable notifications.

You must deal with these issues as soon as they arise and not let one problem become multiple problems and possible data loss.

Nothing you can do with your setup can affect disk SMART. Each disk's firmware monitors how it is working during operation and records these SMART attributes in the disk firmware. Unraid only reads what the disk has recorded.

Ask further questions in you need help following the advice Squid gave.

Since you are having problems on disks other than the disabled disk, it would be safer to rebuild the disabled disk to a new disk instead of rebuilding on the same disk. Then, you would have the original disk as another copy from which files might be recovered if there were problems during rebuild caused by the other disks.

6 hours ago, jermal said:

I bought a 4TB seagate external, will use as my external backup and will shuck my 8tb wd elements for the parity then pick up some refurbished 4tb drives to replace the lost 8tb.

Disk2 must be rebuilt before replacing parity or disk1, and I suggested rebuilding disk2 to a new disk. Not clear how your plans allow for that.

45 minutes ago, trurl said:

I guess another possibility would be New Config instead of rebuilding disk2. Possibly its contents are OK or its filesystem could be repaired.

Do I need to rebuild if I can move all the emulated data to Disk 1?

Also pretty sure the drive is bad, have tried rebuilding twice and reseating and it will not work. Either the drive is bad or the data cable is.

Edited by jermal