3080ti passthrough to VM

My plan was to build a gaming rig with a plex server. I got the Asus Rog Strix 3080ti OC about 10 hours back. Added the PCIE cables installed the GPU in PCIE 16_1 on Dark hero and shifted the P2200 (Plex exclusive) from 16_2 to 16_3 (chipset).

While waiting for the gfx card my Monitor died and right now there is a monitor shortage where I live. I don't want to buy a cheap monitor now and a 1440p 144Hz later so I tried to connect the computer to my receiver connected to a 4k TV to start. Using HDMI cable for video out.

Able to access bios and the initial server boot is also displayed.

Deleted a few VMs to make them compatible with the new GPU since I realized which linux distros I'll actually be using with GPU and others I'm happy with VM. Also wanted to reshuffle vdisks sizes.

After seeing a lot of @SpaceInvaderOne videos I used the latest one from December 2020 where the vbios is dumped to a location on the

mnt\disk\isos\vbios

I'm sad to report that I couldn't get it to passthrough. I experimented with OVMF/Seabios and i440fx 5.1 and Q35 5.1.

I'm unable to get the video output.

I even selected the audio off altogether to make only the VGA part of GPU functional to start and look thereafter.

I'm now planning to download the vbios from powertech, remove the headers and try to load that. Till now the screen has been going from no signal to blank. If I try to load an VM without a bootable drive I'm getting the "No boots le drive" error on the screen suggesting once more that the GPU is getting passed through. I think the problem is with the unraid, 3080 ti and video signals. 

I had made a VM of the P2200 a few months back and didn't face a lot of issues running that along with sound.

WHat do you guys think/suggest? I'll probably look at the system again in about 6-8 hours. I'm ready to provide any other things that might be required.

Edited by bhootz