SQUASHFS errors and bad USB ports (SOLVED)

Dijk21

I am getting some errors when I try to boot UNRAID (see the photo).

I had been monitoring power consumption at the wall but I wanted to remove the power monitor. I performed a clean shutdown, waited for everything to stop spinning and lights to shut off. Then I unplugged the power cable, removed the monitoring device and plugged it back in. When it booted, the BIOS couldn't recognize the USB stick. All of the USB 3.0 ports on the back of the mobo seemed to not be working correctly. I tried a USB 3.1 port and that allowed UNRAID to boot but then I started getting the errors shown in the photo.

I backed up the config file and used the USB tool to try to fix the USB stick. This allowed UNRAID to start normally, however I realized I didn't replace the config folder I had backed up. So I went back and replaced my config folder on the "fixed" USB stick and then I started getting the same SQUASHFS errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

squashfs.jpg

Edited by Dijk21
41 minutes ago, trurl said:

You should use a USB2 port, more reliable for this.

I was still having the same issue on a 2.0 port but I was able to fix the problem by following JorgeB's advice here:

Unraid now works..

My other problem is the USB 3.0 ports have indeed crapped out... time for a new mobo I guess..

• Dijk21 changed the title to SQUASHFS errors and bad USB ports (SOLVED)