PSU recommendation

jensrobot

So I just had my unraid server crash and reboot during a full parity sync after I removed a disk from array :(

Recently I've been having other problems I think are related to power, so I'm not taking any more chances and I'm replacing the old Corsair VS350 i have now. This one was never specifically bought for this server, it was just something I already had when I build the server.

I tried looking up PSU's on the wiki and forum but all seems around a decade old, so I'm hoping someone here can give me a more specific and not so dated recommendation...

I have 7 drives + 1 SSD installed at the moment, but my plan is to max the disk capacity in the case to 12 HDD's + 1 SSD. It's a mix of 7200 and 5400 rpm disks.

I attach diagnostics so my specs should be in there.

skabet-diagnostics-20210915-2130.zip

13 hours ago, Lolight said:

I actually never heard of this brand, and I only found 1 retailer that has this in stock where i live (Denmark). It will cost me a whoppin' 158$, and that's probably because its a uncommon brand over here. We sure It's single rail? some searching seems to confirm that it is, but that's from 3rd party sites. The vendors site does not seem to mention it.

I wanna buy it locally, and I found the RGB version for "only" 126$ and a lot more vendors to choose from. It should be the same yes? I compared the specs from vendor site, and only difference i could see was that it has less cables for sata in the box, and the RGB version had more stuff under "protection"

This is the normal version: https://www.super-flower.com.tw/product-data.php?productID=77&lang=en

RGB version: https://www.super-flower.com.tw/product-data.php?productID=138&lang=en

I can get some more modular cables of work i think. These should be standardized right?

2 minutes ago, jensrobot said:

These should be standardized right?

NO!!!!

If you understand how to use a multimeter, you can fix them by repinning if necessary, but there have been more posts on here than I can count on one hand where people blew up MULTIPLE drives at once by reusing physically compatible cables that didn't output the voltage to the correct pins.

If you don't know exactly what you are doing, NEVER use a cable not specifically meant for that PSU.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

NO!!!!

If you understand how to use a multimeter, you can fix them by repinning if necessary, but there have been more posts on here than I can count on one hand where people blew up MULTIPLE drives at once by reusing physically compatible cables that didn't output the voltage to the correct pins.

If you don't know exactly what you are doing, NEVER use a cable not specifically meant for that PSU.

Oh damn! well good to know thx alot :)

Seems silly to pay so much more just for some extra cables... well the search goes on maybe i can buy these separate

8 hours ago, jensrobot said:

The "normal" non-RGB unit is not the same design as in the RGB one.

Leadex Gold is not the same as Leadex III Gold.

Those are different models that offer a different quality of components and overall design, much more so than just the addition of the RGB feature.

Edited by Lolight
2 hours ago, Lolight said:

Leadex Gold is not the same as Leadex III Gold.

Oops I posted wrong url, but I was looking and comparing Leadex III "normal" vs RGB.

Anyway, after seeing all the praise this PSU is getting around the web and also based on your recommendation, I'm just gonna bite the bullet and pay the premium price of it locally. Import duties and shipping would push it into a similar price range anyway.

Thanks for the help!