We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Do-over with Unraid 6.9

masorrell

I'm new to UNRAID, and I've searched the forums, maybe missed it, but I'm looking to move from a Test install to a final Production install, where I've added more drives and several cache pools, and just when I think everything is ok, I get 'Rootfs is full (100%)'.  I'm wondering, how do I clear out all the config and re-install, without losing my data (shares)?  Is there a step by step that someone has written up?  I want to re-install, from scratch, but don't want to lose data.  Do I just download UNRAID again, get a replacement key, and throw it in my system and run it and then just make sure my parity disk is in place, and all my drives are in the correct slots?  Does it even care which slots are which drives (parity excluded of course)? (It being UNRAID)  Thanks, I'm sorry if I'm re-hashing the same question elsewhere.  Just delete me.  :D

38 minutes ago, masorrell said:

I get 'Rootfs is full (100%)'. 

The root is in RAM, so rebooting will clear up the immediate issue, but there is almost certainly something with your settings or configuration of your containers that is writing to a path that is not actually on a disk.

If you don't figure out what went wrong, it's very likely to be repeated when you set things up again. Posting diagnostics to your next post in this thread may provide some clues as to what's going on.

4 hours ago, masorrell said:

I've added several cache pools now, so I likely messed things up.

The pools are displayed in the webUI with the first letter capitalized, such as "Cache" or "Fast". But their paths are actually lowercase, "/mnt/cache" or "/mnt/fast". If you specify a path with the wrong case, it would be a path in rootfs since linux is case sensitive and there is no storage at "/mnt/Cache" or "/mnt/Fast".

trurl>yep, figured that out after reading more yesterday.  Thank you for responding!  That was key!!

Along with JonathanM's explanation about RAM and such above...

Plex's transcode was set to a location which didn't actually exist.  (Thanks JonathanM)

Fixed, and now after a reboot, things have been stable with no errors in over 12  hours... 

THANKS!!!   

This specifically helped out as well, should be a must read for all UNRAID newcomers/extremely helpful. https://wiki.unraid.net/UnRAID_Manual_6#Using_Docker (RTFreakingM)  :)

Thanks to everyone for responding!

Edited by masorrell
  • Like 1