Array offline issues

Hello,

I'm running 6.9.2 and having random issues with the array losing all it's drives. The issue only reveals itself to me when I try to write to the array and I get disk errors. I login to the main interface of unraid and i see two lots of my drives. One array which is online and the same drives in the array which is in the unassigned drives list. The drive letters for the online array are sequentially following the drive letters in the unassigned drives list. What I have to do is stop the array reboot then start the array again and all is well, everything back to normal.

It happens infrequently enough (15-30 days) and randomly that I've largely ignored it and just login to reboot when it occurs. Not sure what is happening. I have a DS4246 with SATA to SAS interposers installed and new WD SATA drives that I've shucked (well less than 2 years old) 8x 8TB + 1x 16TB for storage and 1 x16TB for parity. Using a IT mode flashed Broadcom / LSI SAS2308 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 (rev 05) card to interface the DS4246.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can point me to some options to look at.

galactica-syslog-20211009-1238.zip

• 3 weeks later...