Ryzen CPU not boosting

Hello there!

I have build my first serious unraid system with a ryzen 5 chip and a nvidia graphicscard. The array works as it should, my dockers are running well and my gaming vm works good, exept for the actual gaming part of it. In many games it feels like, as if my cpu cant keep it up. My mouse is lagging realy bad and the whole world is stuttering around me. Strangely my cpu usage in Taskmanager is from 70-90%, and it stays at its baseclock of 3,6 GHz. htop in the unraid console and the netdatadocker confirming the % part.

Im trying every trick i find in the web, like pinning the cpus and direkting the emulator pins away from my vm, but nothing worked so far.

It would be great to hear from you guys.

I added my diagnostics file.

tower-diagnostics-20211014-2347.zip

I had similar issues and fixed it with setting the scaling_governor value using a script.  I have it check to see if my VM is running and then set the profile to performance.

You can check what yours are set to:

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu[0-9]*/cpufreq/scaling_governor

I just have the script run every 5 minutes, if there is nothing to do, then it does nothing.

I published the script here: https://github.com/Goobaroo/unraid-setCPUgovernor

Reference here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/CPU_frequency_scaling#Scaling_governors

Thank you for your advise!

I installed the plugin and inserted your script. It indeed sets the cores to performance if a vm is running. 

Prior to that, the cores where set to "ondemand". But "ondemand" and "performance" should both max out the fequency, but that is not happening. Taskmanager displays the baseclock in any state the cores are in, and the gamingperformance stays the same...

Am i doing something wrong?