Qnap TS-253 Fan Control with PANQ

elgatobavaria

Hi Guys,
i run Unraid on a QNAP TS-253Be because the QTS OS is crap in my point of view. 
For controlling the FAN i took a tool called PANQ from here: https://github.com/scottshanafelt/TS-877 , executed MAKE and wrote a shell script to check the temperatures and control the FAN by a table. Maybe someone is intrested in using it or has some suggestion for improvement ( plus skills to support the suggestions ;-) ). I have no expert skills in shell scripting / linux so have forbearance.

Best regards, Mathias

12_PanqFanControl.7z

• 2 months later...
On 10/16/2021 at 5:34 PM, elgatobavaria said:

Hi Guys,
i run Unraid on a QNAP TS-253Be because the QTS OS is crap in my point of view. 
For controlling the FAN i took a tool called PANQ from here: https://github.com/scottshanafelt/TS-877 , executed MAKE and wrote a shell script to check the temperatures and control the FAN by a table. Maybe someone is intrested in using it or has some suggestion for improvement ( plus skills to support the suggestions ;-) ). I have no expert skills in shell scripting / linux so have forbearance.

Best regards, Mathias

12_PanqFanControl.7zUnavailable

Hi, 

I'm interested in getting fan-control to work based on disk-temperatures on QNAP with unRaid. I have bash-experience. I've forgotten which packages to install on unRaid to get c-compilation, so would appreciate a few hinters (I have dev-pack/dev tools plugin, but make fails with 'libguile-2.2' missing lib). Also your script is gone. If you share a gist or a github I can also take it from there.

Best Alex

• 1 year later...