Missing /mnt/disks folder (existed previously)

Hi,

I noticed my VMs stop responding yesterday and attempting to login did not work. When I looked closer it seems like the disk image files are missing from unraid and even worse the /mnt/disks folder. 

What could cause the /mnt/disks folder to disappear? Is there a way to fix or recover this folder/link? You can see the vm disks are still seen under /mnt/disks1.
attached are some screenies from the unraid terminal.

Didn't notice any unraid errors, and not hard shutdowns. I rebooted today to try and see if that helped, it didn't.

Any help appreciated thanks.

2021-10-17 12_17_52-bash --login (Empoleon) - Brave.png

2021-10-17 12_18_16-bash --login (Empoleon) - Brave.png

2021-10-17 12_18_34-bash --login (Empoleon) - Brave.png

2021-10-17 12_19_06-bash --login (Empoleon) - Brave.png

22 minutes ago, vuribe1221 said:

What could cause the /mnt/disks folder to disappear?

It didn't disappear, but it's no longer populated.   Were the VMs originally being placed within /mnt/disks?  There is no chance that Unraid moved them from an unassigned device to instead be on the array.  Did you unmount the unassigned devices?

According to the original vm config xml files they were in /mnt/disks.

:facepalm: Looks like my "Unassigned Device" ssd for these VM's is gone. I assumed I would get alerts or messages but I didn't get any. I'm guessing there is not way to recover it within unraid since the block device doesn't show?

2021-10-17 13_17_13-Window.png

2021-10-17 13_19_25-Window.png

51 minutes ago, vuribe1221 said:

I assumed I would get alerts or messages

Makes sense.  You should post in the Unassigned Devices thread and ask @dlandon to consider adding it if what you specify as a permanently attached device disappears.

That being said, Unraid 6.9+ the use of Unassigned Devices to manage permanently attached devices is somewhat deprecated, since it's far better to instead utilize multiple cache pools for that purpose.