[script] - recording-fixer.sh

binhex

Overview: Do you record TV using Tvheadend?, ever had the problem where a recording cannot be fwd/rev/skipped due to bad signal causing corruption?, if so this is the script for you!.

This script was inspired by this post, i've enhanced it so it can cope with any container format, it also has an option to specify the location of ffmpeg (optional first parameter). The script will typically process a 60 minute TV recording in around 15-20 seconds on my low end ARM processor, which i think is very acceptable.

Download

curl -o '/tmp/recording-fixer.sh' -L 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/binhex/scripts/master/shell/kodi/tvheadend/recording-fixer.sh'
chmod +x '/tmp/recording-fixer.sh'

Once downloaded to a safe locaiton that Tvheadend can view then you need to get the script to run during post processing, this is done by going to Tvheadend Web UI/Configuration/Recording then 'Post-processor Command' and enter in the path to the script, suffixing it with %f (file path variable of the recording)

image.thumb.png.91d5f3326c0905a48e75a78e42c5c21a.png

If you want to retro repair broken recordings then simply run the script and specify the filepath to the recording, e.g:

'/tmp/recording-fixer.sh' '/mnt/user/TV/Live/BBC1/Strictly Come Shooting/Shotguns-are-badass.mkv'

Enjoy your fixed up recordings! 🙂