Can't connect to one specific share via SMB

R__

Hi all,

I've been using Unraid for a little over half a year now, but I have one issue that has plagued me since the start: I have a specific share (called homes) that I'm unable to connect to over SMB. I get error messages on both Windows and macOS (multiple PCs) when trying to open the share, even though it's configured exactly the same as some other shares (all of which work fine over SMB). I can browse the folder in a terminal session just fine and browsing through Unraid's web interface also works. 

The error I'm getting on Windows is:

Windows cannot access \\***\homes

Error code: 0x80070043

The network name cannot be found.

I have checked the share settings multiple times:

homes

Export: Yes

Case-sensitive names:  Auto

Security:  Private

And the user I'm connecting with has Read/Write access (like my other shares).

I have no clue why this one specific share doesn't want to connect. I've already tried SMB 1.0 support in Windows features and enabling insecure guest logins through Group Policy, but nothing had an effect (sort of expected, since the problem is across Windows and macOS clients).

Hoping you have some sort of clue to help me figure this out. Thanks!

What I would like to suggest is that you change the name of the share.    (I did google to see if perhaps 'homes' might be a reserved name but I didn't find anything but that does  mean that it is not.)  You can do this from the Unraid GUI using the SHARES tab. (I tested it out by changing a share name and everything seemed to work fine afterwards.)

If that does not fix the problem, I would suspect that the client is not logged in as the proper user.   (Windows often logs into a server in the background.  It can try several different 'users' until one works.  Since only one user is permitted to each server from every client, once a login is accepted, you are blocked out...)   Post back and we will proceed from there. 

• Thanks 1