Win 10 VM / Steam / Fixed Mouse Cursor in game

Go to solution Solved by Infinity911,

Hi all,

I'm silently following this great forum for some while and up to now I was always able to find a solution even if it took some days..

Now I need your help:

I have running Win 10 VM with a RTX 3060 passed through.

Steam is installed and games stored on the cache drive and starting correct.

But the mouse is not working properly in all games.

Actually I own 3 games with similar problems:

Apex:

When I start the training the mouse is fix to a dot in the center (screenshot is not centered)

When I move the mouse I look to the ground or some where and can not use it properly. 

image.thumb.png.d44a6f0de1ab4be1fecd27943a72e0aa.png

In Cyberpunk 2077 I can rotate myself ~180 degree not more. not 360 degree

In Far Cry Similar. I can control the person a little bit not precise. the mouse is way to fast.

If read something about overlay and high resolution problem of the mouse. (Logitech G604 btw)

I tried with right click on steam.exe and adjusting "compatibility Mode" with no success.

image.png.4650216e5b131f676cf2d6430e77cbed.png

(sorry for german interface)

Here my Steam settings:

image.thumb.png.4d0bee0ae4f04415941de48663a6d4e2.png

Any ideas how to solve it?

I hope you know about this issue.

BR

Infinity

Edited by Infinity911
  • 2 weeks later...

What remote software are you using?

I've been searching for a while now as I have a very similar issue on several games whilst using Splashtop.   Haven't really tried anything else eas yet.

Can't rotate fully in First-Person games (tried Subnautica 2, Minecraft (so issue isn't just Steam games) and a few others ) and RTS or strategy games have a massive cursor offset or mis-alignment.  Pretty much what you've described.

I'm not at all keen in plugging in separate keyboard / mouse and pass them through to the VM  (which is what i fear is the solution will be) as I don't have a separate USB controller to pass through to each VM :(

Will continue to test and see what options I can figure out.

Edited by kr00gz
  • Solution

Problem fixed!!

Against some advise to only passthrough GPU I also kept the VNC remote as second way to access the VM via browser (kinda fallback solution)

By using Parsec instead of MRD I received the error message "screen can't be recorded".

This made me check the display setting on the host VM.

When I checked with VNC remote via browser the "display settings" on the VM I found that the wrong display was set to "main display".

After changing the 2nd "display" to Main display the vnc is receiving a black screen BUT parsec and MRD are now working properly and all games are running stable!

I hope this will help you.

You can also check this awesome tutorial:

https://forums.serverbuilds.net/t/guide-remote-gaming-on-unraid/4248

• Like 1